Designed to be the trucker’s best friend the TomTom Trucker combines a variety of advanced features and best traffic solution. It is one of the advanced GPS for trucks equipped with community POI and truck routing features.
TomTom Trucker has a 6-inch touch-screen display, so you can smoothly operate your GPS and easy to zoom in and out with just a pinch. It even has the option to display real directions and landmarks with voice-activated street names. You can receive alerts of low bridges, sharp turns, speed limit, and school zones on the display of your TomTom Trucker.
TomTom Trucker 520:
TomTom Trucker 520 is a 5-inch GPS device with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, free lifetime traffic updates, and smartphone messages. It comes with a wide array of helpful features like navigation instructions, street name announcement, and voice command recognition.
It includes various inbuilt software like Foursquare and lane assistant. TomTom Trucker 520 is compatible with Google and Siri now, allows you to do the tasks from your smartphone. You can always drive with the latest maps because TomTom Trucker comes with the free lifetime map updates.
Customized Routes: allows you to enter the type, size, weight, and cargo.
Voice-activated: allows you to operate the device with voice and voice address entry.
Customized POI: allows you to save your preferred point of interests like truck stops, gas stations, and restaurants.
Bluetooth Connectivity: allows you to connect your smartphone via Bluetooth to take calls.
Lifetime Traffic Update: allows you to get lifetime traffic updates either on device or smartphone.
Every trucker has their own preferences and ideas about what makes a good GPS, but this TomTom Trucker GPS is versatile enough to satisfy from new ones to experts. It has a snap-mount system which allows you to mount your GPS easy and quickly.
TomTom Trucker contains preloaded maps of North America and lifetime map updates without any subscriptions. Other features include voice-activated navigation allows you to connect your smartphone via Bluetooth and receive text messages and traffic updates on your phone.
How to Configure the TomTom Trucker 600?
The new TomTom trucker 600 also can connect through Bluetooth to a trucker’s phone. The MyDrive Connect app design to plan a route, avoid any kind of hazards and traffic to confirm transfer suggested routes to the administration or the client. It is the most reliable GPS for professional truckers because of the ability to connect to MyDrive app for Android and iOS.
Step by step process to setup the TomTom Trucker GPS. Follow the steps to configure TomTom Trucker GPS:
- Start a browser and open the link of the TomTom’s website.
- Select your country and download the MyDrive Connect which is on the left-hand side.
- When Prompted, connect your device to your laptop via USB Cable.
- Enter the product name or serial number.
- Address your device by typing the name for it and click add.
- Install MyDrive Connect and click on the icon to perform the GPS setup.
- First of all, create an account for MyDrive Connect application.
- Follow the instructions to set up your GPS according to your location.
- Check for the updates to find out the new updates available for your device.
- Choose the updates you want to install and get the latest maps of your region.
- Restart the TomTom Trucker GPS to save the updates.
Common issues with TomTom Trucker:
- No Signal
- Unusual Shutdown
- Synchronization Error
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Installation Error
- Firmware Error