Get the latest tomtom GPS update or tomtom map update from Mydrive connect software. Check the latest updates available for your TomTom GPS on an official tomtom.com/update website. Enter the serial number of the TomTom GPS on a tomtom.com/updates and find out the new updates available for your device. Install the tomtom update by connecting your GPS with the Mydrive connect application.
TomTom Updates 2019
Tomtom update 2019 is free and important for those who care to keep their GPS up-to-date with the latest maps and better performance. Latest updates improve the stability, performance, and accuracy of your GPS and they include Tomtom map updates and Tomtom software updates. Keep your TomTom GPS up-to-date always to the latest version from Mydrive connect software.
How to find out if there are any updates available for my TomTom GPS?
- To check the newly available updates for your navigation system:
- Open TomTom home website on the web browser of your computer.
- Click the updates section on the TomTom official website.
- Tap or click the MyDrive Connect tab under the device management section.
- Click “Download for Windows” to download the application on your computer.
- Install the TomTom home software by following the instructions.
- Connect the GPS to your computer with the USB cable and type in the information required to create an account.
- MyDrive Connect detects the GPS and asks you to type a name for your device.
- Type a name for your navigation system and click add.
- Tap or click check for updates to see if there are any updates available for your GPS.
- In the next step, a list of updates appears on the screen.
- Click updates selected to install the updates if you wish to.
How to Install the latest TomTom updates on my GPS?
Tomtom updates are the easiest and quickest solution to update software or map of your GPS through Mydrive connect application. These updates are free of charge and accessible through tomtom.com/update link. Follow the steps to download and install the latest update for your GPS.
- Tap or click the Mydrive connect shortcut on your computer.
- Attach your GPS to the computer via USB cable.
- Enter the email and the password to log in to Tomtom software.
- Click view updates on the next page to see the list of the available updates.
- Tap or click the “updates selected” to install the new updates.
- Restart your GPS after installing the updates.
TomTom Map Updates | Troubleshooting
TomTom developers are putting efforts to improve the accuracy of the maps and make it more realistic. To use the most recent regional maps for your GPS, download the recent TomTom map updates from MyDrive Connect software. Navigate your world easier and faster with the latest updates to install the new maps.
- To Install TomTom map updates:
- Enter the www.tomtom.com in the web search of the internet browser.
- Select the Updates option from the menu bar of the website.
- Tap or click the updates and wait for the next web page.
- On the next page, look for the Mydrive Connect download button.
- Download and install the Mydrive Connect software for the Windows or MAC.
- Connect the GPS device to the computer with the USB cable.
- Create an account by putting all the details on the TomTom software.
- Tap or click “check for updates” to check the available map updates for your GPS.
- View the list of all the updates available for the device on the next page.
- Click the selected updates to install the latest updates on your device.
- Wait for the updates process to complete.
- Restart the TomTom GPS after installing the updates to upload the map data in your device.
How to upload new maps without a memory card?
Trying to install new map updates for your GPS but not able to upload the maps because there is not enough storage on the device. Delete the previous files to clear some memory in your GPS. Follow the steps to upload new map updates on your device if you don’t have the memory card.
- To delete old maps and install recent map updates.
- Insert the USB cable between the computer and the GPS.
- Power on your TomTom GPS.
- Open the MyDrive Connect application on your desktop or laptop.
- Click my content on the Tomtom application.
- Look for the old maps on the next page.
- Select the map files you want to delete and tap delete to clear the old map file.
- Select the map updates and upload the latest update for your GPS.
Troubleshooting for Map Update Issues
The error occurs while installing the TomTom maps updates 2019 on your device, delete the previous maps installed in your device. Sometimes users are not able to access the new maps after installing the updates. Here are some issues and troubleshooting steps for map updates.
1. Black and White maps issue resolved:
If you are getting maps in black and white, it means you are not receiving signals from the satellite. Some objects can block the signals. If you are sitting in your house, take your TomTom GPS outside so it can work on a clear line of sight to the satellite. Leave the GPS outside for several minutes. Power on the TomTom GPS and wait for the signals. If still it is not receiving signals then reboot your TomTom GPS and try once from.
2. Install map updates without SD card:
Clear all the files and old maps from your device. View the list of all the old map files in my content on your MyDrive Connect application. Highlight the map files which you don’t need anymore in your device and delete the map files.
3. Firewall or Antivirus:
Try to disable the firewall or antivirus on your computer before installing the recent map updates for your GPS. Your firewall might block some contents to download in your laptop or TomTom application. Once the updates are complete, you can enable your firewall again.
What to do if your TomTom GPS displays No maps found?
No maps found is one of the most annoying issues occurs in TomTom GPS. Try to update the software of your satnav and try to access the maps. If the issue still remains reset your GPS to the factory default settings. There are two kinds of reset you can perform on your GPS.
Soft Reset – Follow the steps to perform a soft reset on your device.
- Power on your GPS navigation system.
- Tap the menu button and select the settings option in your GPS.
- Choose system option from the list.
- Search for the reset device option and click on it.
- A warning message appears on the device and clicks yes to reset it.
- Do not operate your device while it is performing a soft reset.
- A GPS navigation system restarts a couple of times during this process.
- Choose the language and agree to the terms and conditions to view the street map.
Hard Reset – Hard reset is a quite easy process but there are some instructions you need to follow before the reset.
- Charge your GPS device before performing the hard reset process.
- Take out the SD memory card from your GPS.
- Take a pin or a paperclip to reset your device.
- Search for the reset button underneath your navigation system.
- Press and hold down the reset button for 10-15 seconds of your TomTom GPS.
- Press down the power button for five seconds to complete the reset process.
- Choose the language to set up the GPS after reset.
How to Configure the TomTom Go 50 S and check for TomTom update?
The set up of a TomTom Go 50S is really effortless and time-saving. Select your country, language to watch a tutorial to know about the information on TomTom GPS. It is also accessible at any time through the Help menu so, you can skip it if you want. After that, you will be asked to agree to transmit the user information so that TomTom can improve navigation.
- Go to MyDrive Connect link in TomTom’s Website.
- Download the software for Windows and Mac
- Install the MyDrive Connect in your Computer
- Type the serial number of the GPS.
- Connect the device to your computer with the help of USB Cable
- You can see the icon of MyDrive Connect on your Computer’s Desktop once the installation is complete.
- Launch the application on your desktop or laptop and enter all the information to create your account.
- Wait for the software to detect your GPS after creating an account.
- Tap “check for updates” to search for the new updates for your GPS.
- A list of new update displays on the next screen.
- Select the updates you want to install in your GPS.
The home screen on the TomTom Go 50 S is a map of your location. Just Press the Menu button which is a circle with four dots to get search, current route if you are navigating, traffic and safety cameras, and other shortcuts. Inputting a destination on TomTom Go 50 S is easy. You can use the search bar which helpfully autofill as you type and then you can choose from the list. Press a steering wheel icon if you are ready to navigate.
What are the upcoming updates about the TomTom VIA GPS?
TomTom VIA is a dedicated car GPS with advanced navigation systems like trip planning tools, travel content, and more. TomTom VIA provides a realistic navigation system with advanced lane guidance feature. It is a compact device with a 5-inch touch-screen display neither too big, nor too small. It is an affordable GPS unit with a price tag of around $169.99.
A dual mounting system allows you to position your GPS on a windshield. The TomTom VIA designates points of interest and split screen junction view you want to see. TomTom VIA GPS system is intended to help car drivers find the better roads, plus make way through those areas safer with their driver alerts.
What you will get in the box:
Preloaded with North America maps and you can get the regular maps update. It includes all fifty United States like Puerto Rico and U.S Virgin Islands.
TomTom VIA 1535TM:
The TomTom VIA 1535TM packs tremendous power and features into this compact and easy to use a car GPS device. The TomTom VIA 1535TM typically designs with a variety of safety features, free lifetime map and traffic updates without displaying ads. It is precisely a mid-range product with millions of points of interest like gas stations, museums, and hotels.
TomTom VIA 1605TM:
The TomTom 1605Tm has an exceptional design, performance, and ease of use. It easily justifies the price with a variety of advanced navigation features, traffic support, and lane guidance. It comes with a 6-inch touch-screen which performs navigation easy.
* Traffic Support: You can get the traffic updates on your smartphone and choose your route according to your preference.
* Lane Assistance: You can get the perfect lane guidance and highway exits with this feature.
* Map Share: You can edit the maps correction according to you.
* Voice Prompts: You can receive the voice prompts and actual road names with the text-to-speech feature.
* Lifetime Maps: Preloaded with North America maps and get the latest map updates as well.
TomTom VIA is the best GPS for your cars and soon it becomes one of the top leading GPS devices with its 6-inch sharp screen. It comes with a power adapter, USB cable, and built-in rechargeable battery.